July 16, 2014 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 8, 2014
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Lt. Dirk Feneley, Oakland County Sheriff's Department; Linda L. Richardson, DPW Director; Steven P. Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC; Richard Carlisle, Carlisle Wortman Associates
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As amended
E. CLOSED SESSION: None scheduled
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Lohmeier; Trustee Aliaga; Supervisor Kittle; Trustee Schroeder
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: Darwin Moore; Supervisor Kittle
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None Scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Adoption of Performance Recognition Plan – Department Directors (Patrick J. Kittle, Supervisor)
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of June 24, 2014 as amended
2. Approval of Payroll of July 3, 2014; and Check Run of July 2, 2014 for a Total Amount of $1,050,515.09.
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
4. Motion to Rescind Offer to Purchase Foreclosed Real Estate by Authority of Public Act 123 of 1999. Sale #2014-000024 Failed
2. Awarded Bid and Approved Budget Amendment – Exterior and Interior Painting-Water Tower
3. Tabled Request to Accept Proposal and Approve Service Contract for Custodial Services – Township Hall
5. Adopted the 2104 Neighborhood Road Improvement Program (NRIP) and Approved Budget Adjustment
3. Accepted Proposal and Approved Service Contract for Custodial Services – Township Hall
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Senior Adult Activity Center Advisory Committee, May 2014
2. Minutes: Video Center Board, March 2014
3. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for May, 2014
4. Report: Building Department Monthly Report for May, 2014
5. Communication: Resolution to Repeal Fireworks Safety Act (PA 256)-City of Clawson
6. Communication: Resolution Opposing the Solid Waste Management Plan Amendment-City of Madison Heights
7. Communication: DTE Energy Acceptance Letter of Project Funds Reserved
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Consensus of Township Board members present to permit further public comment.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Billie Pambid
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 9:28 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, July 16, 2014