July 30, 2014 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 22, 2014
A. A Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Kittle, Pallotta, Brown, Aliaga, Lohmeier, Ritchie, Schroeder
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Dave Belcher, Building Department Director; Linda L. Richardson, DPW Director; Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst; Steven P. Joppich, Johnson, Rosati, Schultz & Joppich, PC; Brian Oppmann, Carlisle Wortman Associates; Richard Carlisle, Carlisle Wortman Associates; Jon H. Wheatley, Bendzinski & Co., Municipal Finance Advisors
D. APPROVAL OF AGENDA: As presented
E. CLOSED SESSION: None scheduled
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: Trustee Lohmeier; Supervisor Kittle
G. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
H. PUBLIC HEARING: None Scheduled
I. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Report: Monthly Actual to Budget Financial Update June, 2014 (Rick Yaeger, Budget Analyst)
2. Report: Planning Commission Update (Ronald Ritchie, Trustee)
J. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS: None
K. CONSENT AGENDA:
1. Approval of Board of Trustees Regular Meeting Minutes of July 8, 2014 as amended
2. Approval of Payroll of July 18, 2014; and Check Run of July 17, 2014 for a Total Amount of $618,073.13
3. Approval of Amendment to Previously Adopted Motion Motion #2014-05-085, 2015 Budget Review/Approval Process & Scheduling of Special Meetings
4. Request to Approve Scope of Engineering Services and Budget Amendment - Emergency Water Connection with Orion Township Removed from Consent Agenda
5. Request to Accept Proposal and Approve Contract Agreement Dixie Hwy Water Storage Tank Removed from Consent Agenda
6. Approval of Budget Amendment Purchase and Sale of Tax Foreclosure Property
L. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
4. Approval to Accept Scope of Engineering Services and Budget Amendment - Emergency Water Connection with Orion Township
5. Acceptance of Proposal and Approval of Contract Agreement Dixie Hwy Water Storage Tank
M. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of 2nd Reading and Adoption of Ordinance; Permit Conditions & Development Agreement Ardmore PUD
2. Approval of 2nd Readings and Adoption of Amendments to: Vision 2020 Master Plan - Sashabaw Road Target Plan; Sashabaw Road Overlay District Expansion Map; and Sashabaw Road North Overlay District Map and Zoning Ordinance Text
3. Approval of Amendment to Intergovernmental Agreement and Release Capital Connection Fees City of the Village of Clarkston
4. Approval to Accept Supplemental Sewer System Rate Study; Approve Sewer Rate Increase and Budget Amendment Postponed
N. COMMUNICATIONS / FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS / REPORTS:
1. Minutes: Election Commission - March 26, 2014
2. Report: Sheriff's Department Monthly Report for June, 2014
3. Report: Building Department Monthly Report for June, 2014
O. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Trustee Ritchie; Clerk Pallotta; Treasurer Brown; Supervisor Kittle.
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 8:56 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: Wednesday, July 30, 2014