August 20, 2014 - PUBLIC NOTICE
VILLAGE OF OXFORD
Ordinance No. 396
AN AMENDMENT TO CODE OF ORDINANCES
CHAPTER 70 UTILITIES
SEWAGE DISPOSAL SYSTEM
SECTION 70-41 Fees
The Village of Oxford Ordains:
Sec. 70-41 c) : The following schedule of sewer rates is hereby established and shall be charged for water supplied by the village except as otherwise provided in this article with the effective date for all utility bills issued on or after October 1, 2014:
(1) For all sewer used during any monthly billing period, the following charges shall be made for such water based on meter size as follows:
Meter Size Monthly Rate
and $1.75 per 1,000 gallons.
(2) Buildings having more than one tenant supplied through one water service will be charged a minimum rate of $29.00 and based on meter size as shown on the chart above and $1.75 per 1,000 gallons.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in this article, rates for special water supply or for temporary water supply for any purpose shall be fixed by the village manager.
(4) Non-metered residential users shall be charged a minimum of $26.00 per month.
(5) Those users outside the village corporate limits shall pay the rate set by resolution of the village council.
(6) The Industrial Waste Control (IWC) charges of the Detroit Water Board shall be included in the monthly billing as a pass through cost to the non-residential sewer customer accounts as specified by meter size.
Should any portion of this ordinance be held invalid for any reason, such holding shall not be construed as affecting the validity of any of the remaining portions of this ordinance.
This ordinance shall become effective 20 days after adopting in accordance with the Village of Oxford Charter during its regular meeting held on August 12, 2014.
Published August 20, 2014
Susan C. Nassar, CMC, MiCPT