SYNOPSIS of FEBRUARY 2, 2010 meeting
February 10, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
FEBRUARY 2, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:33 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call: Present: Wagner, Carson, Lohmeier, Wallace, Rosso, Petterson,
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved with Statements and Correspondence moved up before Closed Session.
5. The Public was given an opportunity to address the Board
6. The Minutes of December 21, 2009, January 5, 2010 and January 12, 2010, were approved.
7. Approved Second Reading of Rezoning Request for 7550 Dixie Highway (formerly Thomasville Furniture), from C-1 (Highway Commercial) to R-3 (Elderly Housing Residential).
8. Approved motion for Supervisor and consultants to approach the County about amending the Agreement with respect to the CIA and TIF to remove Library and Police.
9. Update on reduction in force.
10. Approved 2010 Budget Adjustment for meter purchase.
11. Approved motion to direct Township Attorney to draft an amendment to the Township Ordinances referencing nuisance, blight and other regulation type Ordinances and where to find them.
12. Approved motion to have presented at the first meeting in March information about the organizations to which the Township pays dues and the availability of seminars, conferences and other educational offerings and review educational reimbursement policies.
13. Approved motion to adopt the Financial Institution Authorizations and increase the limit in the Oakland County LGIP.
14. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run.
15. Approved Records Management Individual Contractor Agreement with Rita Heady.
15. Approved motion to go into closed session to discuss Attorney Opinion Letter at 9:37 p.m.
16. Came into open session at 10:55 p.m.
17. Regular meeting adjourned at 11:00 p.m.
Published: 2/10/2010 Township Clerk