Public Hearing on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 Amend Sec. 54-1226. Temporary Signs
May 12, 2010 - LEGAL NOTICE
A Public Hearing will be held on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 7:00 p.m. at the Groveland Township Hall, 4695 Grange Hall Road, Holly, MI 48442 for the purpose of hearing all persons interested in the proposed amendment. The amendment, if adopted by the Groveland Township Board, would revise the Groveland Township Codified Ordinances as follows:
Amend Sec. 54-1226. Temporary Signs:
The following conditions shall be applicable to temporary signs:
(1) Shall be permitted in any business or industrial zoning district.
(2) Located on private property and comply with applicable requirements of this division.
(3) Temporary signs shall only include pennants, flags, banners or bunting.
(4) Temporary signs shall not include balloons or similar objects filled with or using air pressure or flashing and/or intermittent illuminated freestanding walls signs.
(5) Temporary signs shall be permitted for a period of 30 days upon submittal of an application and upon receiving a permit and payment of a temporary sign fee from the Township.
(6) Temporary signs shall not be redisplayed on the same premises in the district until an interim period of 90 continuous days has expired.
(7) The Township shall determine the location of the temporary sign after an inspection of the subject premise.
(8) Temporary political signs are permitted in any zoning district, provided that all such signs are located on private property and provided further that such signs shall:
a. Be removed from the premises on which they are displayed within ten days following the date of the particular election to which the political signs pertain b. No contain more than 20 square feet of display area per side, with not more than two display sides.
Proposed language for the amendment is available at the Township Office during regular business hours. If you are unable to attend the meeting your written comments are welcome prior to the night of the meeting, or you can telephone (248) 634-4152.
Publish in The Citizen 5-01-10 & 5-22-10