SYNOPSIS MAY 4, 2010
May 12, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
MAY 4, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Lohmeier, Wallace, Rosso, Petterson, Wagner, Carson
3. The Agenda was approved as amended by adding discussion on Carlisle Wortman billing.
4. The public forum opened at 7:36 p.m. and closed at 7:39 p.m.
5. The following Consent Agenda was approved with the removal of the Accounts Payable Check Run:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of April 6, 2010 and April 13, 2010.
b. Purchase of DPW Mower.
6. Discussed Intergovernmental Agreements with the City of the Village of Clarkston for Police, Fire and Library and authorized Township Attorney to review language of contracts and feasibility of quarterly payments.
7. Authorized Library to join MelCat resources sharing system.
8. Authorized bid award to EnergyChek and approved Resolution for the Energy Efficiency & Conservation Multi-Purpose Block Grant.
9. Approved Parks & Recreation Budget Adjustments for 2010.
10. Approved 2010 contract with Don's Lil Johns for Porta Johns.
11. Awarded contract to Zambelli for Independence Day Celebration Fireworks.
12. Approved contract with Michigan Youth Flag Football for Parks and Recreation.
13. Approved motion to have Carlisle Wortman billing for Zoning Ordinance charged through Planning.
14. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run with the exception of HRC.
15. Statements and Correspondence.
16. The meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.