SYNOPSIS -- MAY 11, 2010
May 19, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
MAY 11, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Lohmeier, Wallace, Rosso, Petterson, Carson
3. The Agenda was amended by moving #6 to #2.
4. The public forum opened at 7:35 p.m. and closed at 7:35 p.m.
5. Linda Richardson, DPW Director, presented recommendations for cost recovery.
6. Bart Clark, Operations Review Task Force, presented an update of their review of Parks and Recreation and Seniors.
7. Approved Letter of Understanding with AFSCME and amend budget to staff Building Department, with appropriate budget adjustments.
8. Linda Richardson, DPW Director, led discussion on water and sewer rates.
9. Approved motion to continue services of recycling at DPW.
10. Discussion on negotiations with consultants.
11. Update of YTD 2010 budget was postponed to next regularly scheduled meeting.
12. Set scheduling for budgets for next regularly scheduled meeting.
13. Statements and Correspondence.
14. Approved motion to go into closed session to discuss Union negotiations at 9:37 p.m.
15. Came into open session at 10:35 p.m.
16. The meeting adjourned at 10:35 p.m.