SYNOPSIS JULY 6, 2010 meeting
July 14, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JULY 6, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Rosso, Wallace, Petterson, Carson, Wagner
4. The Agenda was approved as submitted.
5. Approved motion to go into closed session to discuss union negotiations and pending litigation at 7:02 p.m.
6 Reconvened open session at 7:22 p.m.
7. Public Forum opened and citizens were given an opportunity to address the Board.
8. The following items were approved under the Consent Agenda:
a. Regular Meeting Minutes of June 1, 2010 and June 8, 2010
b. Accounts Payable Check Run
c. Approval of 2nd and 3rd Stage Events at DTE Music Theater
d. Waiver of Application, Investigation and Fees for transfer of the Liquor License held by Palace Sports and Entertainment for use by DTE Energy Theater and approval of the transfer.
9. Approved motion to appoint Oakland County's counsel to represent the Township in U.S. v Crest and Township Attorney to act as co-counsel.
10. Permission granted to hire Karen DeLorge as Clerk for DPW effective July 21, 2010 at $16.16 per hour.
11. Permission granted to post Custodian position at Library.
12. Ms. Richardson, DPW, gave presentations on Capital Improvement Plan and Budget, with further discussion on water and sewer rates postponed.
13. Approved motion to extend meeting past 10:00 p.m.
14. Discussion on E-Verify Policy.
15. Discussion on Parks & Recreation Management.
16. Regular Meeting Minutes of June 15, 2010 were approved.
17. Statements and Correspondence
18. The regular meeting adjourned at 10:55 p.m.