SYNOPSIS July 13, 2010 meeting
July 21, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 13, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Wallace, Carson, Wagner, Lohmeier
Absent: Rosso, Petterson
4. The Agenda was approved as originally submitted and posted.
5. Public Forum opened and citizens were given an opportunity to address the Board. No one addressed the Board.
6. Ms. Shaver from Assessing was unavailable and did not present a report on foreclosure activity.
7. Ms. Hendricks presented a follow-up of budgets for 2011 and presently the Township is looking at a 2011 deficit. The Board requested that all budget adjustments for 2010 be brought in order to move into 2011.
8. Approved motion to have Supervisor meet with HR Director to use his budget assumptions in conjunction with projections from union negotiations.
9. Chief Ronk presented his budget for 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 in conjunction with his expected staffing.
10. Discussion on the expense for the July 4th festivities and it was requested that Chief Ronk ascertain the total cost and what parts could be continued.
11. Susan Hendricks gave an overview of the quarterly report with a summary review.
12. The Supervisor advised that he would come back to the Board with a proposed budget.
13. Statements and Correspondence.
14. The regular meeting adjourned at 9:47 p.m.
Published: 7/21/2010 Township Clerk