SYNOPSIS of the meeting on JULY 20, 2010
July 28, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JULY 20, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:40 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Wallace, Carson, Lohmeier
Absent: Wagner, Rosso, Petterson
4. The Agenda was amended to remove item number 7 and added Closed Session to review Attorney's Opinion.
5. Public Forum opened and citizens were given an opportunity to address the Board. No one addressed the Board.
6. Check Run was pulled from the Consent Agenda.
7. Approved Second Reading and Adoption of a Text Amendment to the Zoning Ordinance to Permit Motor Vehicle Fueling Stations as a Special Land Use in the C-2 Planned Shopping Center District.
8. Approved Second Reading and Adoption of an Amendment to the Links of Independence PUD
9. Plante and Moran presented 2009 Audit Report
10. Mr. Bart Clark, Operations Review Task Force, gave an update of findings.
11. Approved motion to extend meeting past 10:00 p.m.
12. Approved motion to reinstate Arlene Weber as Custodian for the Library, effective July 21, 2010.
13. Approved motion to award bid for reversible soccer jerseys to YYB Shirts at a price not to exceed $9,800.00.
14. Approved motion to award bid for Recreation Guide to Print Comm at a price not to exceed $8,159.
15. Approved payment to Springfield Township pursuant to Soft Water Lake Sewer Extension Agreement for $65,034.50 to be paid from Sewer Fund.
16. Approved motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss attorney's opinion at 11:34 p.m.
17. Entered into open session at 12:30 a.m.
18. Approved motion determining agreement with Triumph Telecom is invalid.
19. Meeting adjourned at 12:30 a.m.