SYNOPSIS AUGUST 4, 2010 meeting
August 11, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
AUGUST 4, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Wallace, Carson, Lohmeier Wagner, Rosso, Petterson
4. The Agenda was approved as amended.
5. Public Forum opened and citizens were given an opportunity to address the Board.
6. The following items were approved under the Consent Agenda:
a. Regular Meeting Minutes of July 6, 2010 and July 13, 2010
b. Accounts Payable Check Run
7. Discussion was held regarding staff support for the Operations Review Task Force
8. Approved Resolution Setting Public Hearing for Clarkston Ranch Estates Street Lighting Improvement and Special Assessment on August 17, 2010
9. Approved motion to set an annual review of contracts with the City of the Village of Clarkston.
10. Approved Contract with the City of the Village of Clarkston for Law Enforcement Services, Fire and Emergency Services and Library Contract
11. Approved awarding bid to Tesco for purchase of Senior Center Van for $26,005.00
12. Fire Department Computer Replacement was postponed to the August 17, 2010 meeting to allow for bids.
13. Dance Permit for Buck Shots, LLC was postponed to the August 17, 2010 meeting for further information from petitioner.
14. Approved motion for administration to begin discussions
15. Meeting adjourned at 9:32 p.m.