BOARD MEETING August 12, 2010 SYNOPSIS
August 18, 2010 - SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING August 12, 2010 SYNOPSIS
CALL TO ORDER: 7:33 p.m. by Supervisor Trout
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AGENDA ADDITIONS & CHANGES: Remove New Business #3: Public Safety Millage Proposal
PUBLIC COMMENT: Grant Ward, 655 Broadway, commented that his Gingko Tree survived. Nancy Strole, 11990 Davisburg Rd, representing Friends of the Parks expressed her admiration to Springfield Township voters for passing the Parks & Recreation Millage.
a) Approved Minutes: July 12, 2010 Special Workshop and July 8, 2010 Regular Meeting with bills and additional disbursements of $380,125.38
b) Accepted July Treasurer's Report
c) Received July 2010 Reports: Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Ordinance, Police, Fire and IT
d) Received Committee Reports: Budget & Finance
e) Authorized payment of bills as presented, totaling $12,071.59
f) Authorized payment of Clarkston Chamber of Commerce membership renewal
g) Authorized Supervisor Trout to attend 2010 Michigan Township Supervisors Fall Education Conference at a cost not to exceed $500
h) Authorized Fire station payoff
i) Authorized cable franchise fees revenue distribution
j) Received Communications and placed on file
1. Dangerous Building: 9212 Cherrywood – Received Comments
1. Wilderness Estates Property update – Approved Deed Restriction; Authorized Supervisor and Clerk to execute Quit Claim Deed to provide 1% ownership interest to Springfield Site Action Committee; Authorized Supervisor to conduct ALTA survey, cost not to exceed $5,800.
1. Dangerous Building Enforcement Action – Affirmed Hearing Officer's order under Township Ordinance #62 Dangerous Buildings, to demolish all structures and clean up the site as required to comply with the order
2. Dixie Corridor Plan Update Presentation – Received presentation by Dick Carlisle of Carlisle/Wortman Associates
3. Accept Vehicle Bids – Authorized Supervisor to carry out the purchase of a 1 ton regular cab pick-up truck and 8' plow, at a cost of $32,057.32
4. Fire Prevention & Protection Ordinance: First Reading – Authorized Clerk to set for Second Reading
5. Rotary Park Bridge Replacement: Building permit fee waiver request – Waived permit fee
6. First & Second Amendments to Clarkston Woods Master Deed: Amended Article VI, Section 1 of Bylaws
7. Davisburg Community Sewer System: Received presentation by Hubbell, Roth & Clark and Water Resources Commission
8. Set next budget workshop date: Tentative date set for Wednesday, August 25th at 6:30 p.m.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Grant Ward, 655 Broadway, commented that he has been a Surveyor for many years and has an office in Davisburg since 1988 and wants the opportunity to quote on survey projects when they come up.
ADJOURNMENT: 10:23 p.m.
Publish: 8/18/10 TB Laura Moreau, Clerk