SYNOPSIS Of the Regular Meeting on July 14, 2010
September 01, 2010 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on July 14, 2010 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Building, 28 N. Washington St., Oxford, MI 48371 (2nd floor).
PRESENT: Supervisor Dunn, Clerk Wright, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Trustee Bunting and Trustee Spisz.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as amended.
• Authorized the sale of the Fire Department's 1987 Pierce pumper truck.
• Postponed the decision regarding dispatch services until the August regular meeting.
• Authorized Supervisor Dunn to sign the NOTA Intergovernmental Contracted Services Agreement, as presented.
• Approved a contract with SAA Architects for plans and specifications regarding repairs to the cemetery mausoleum in the amount of $6,290.00 and, if needed, services not included in the contract to be billed at a blended hourly rate of $85 per hour; funds to be taken out of the Cemetery Maintenance Fund.
• Directed the Planning Commission and the Ordinance Review Sub Committee to look into an ordinance regulating Medical Marijuana at a cost not to exceed $2,500.0.
• Adopted the Medical Marijuana Moratorium Resolution.
• Approved the ballot language for the millage renewal for Police Protection and Law Enforcement Services for a three-year (3) period commencing January 1, 2012 and expiring December 31, 2014 for the November 2, 2010 General Election ballot and request Treasurer Ferrari confirm the estimated revenue raised in the first year of the levy.
• Approved the ballot language for additional millage for Police Protection and Law Enforcement services for a three-year (3) period commencing January 2, 2012 and expiring December 31, 2014 for the November 2, 2010 General Election ballot and request Treasurer Ferrari confirm the estimated revenue raised in the first year of the levy.
• Directed the Planning Commission and the Ordinance Review Sub Committee to develop a weed/grass ordinance that 1) controls height; 2) distinguishes between large and small lots; 3) has no requirements for a specific weed enforcement officer (i.e., can use the Township's current enforcement officer); and 4) changes the administration fee to a percentage versus a direct amount.
• Adopted the Oxford Cable Commission, State Media Award Resolution.
• Approved the Resolution for the establishment of a Retiree Health Care Fund Trust as presented and authorized Burnham & Flower as the Fund Administrator with a contribution of $1,360 to establish the fund.
• Approved the Resolution as presented to transfer $494,885.00 from the Oxford Township Water System Undesignated Retained Earnings to pay the Water Bond Payment due October 1, 2010.
• Authorized Supervisor Dunn to send a letter to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office indicating that the Charter Township of Oxford intends to enter into a new Law Enforcement Services Agreement upon the expiration of this current 2010 Law Enforcement Services Agreement.
• Authorized Supervisor Dunn to contract with Greenway Contracting for the Waterstone pump house in an amount not to exceed $800.00 to come from the Sewer Fund.
• Authorized Supervisor Dunn to contract with Greenway Contracting to re-do the Oxford Oaks well house in an amount not to exceed $7,000.00 to come from the Water Fund; contingent upon the receipt of proper insurance documentation.
• Agreed to sell parcel number P-04-04-151-002, 564 First Street (vacant) to Richard L. Chakrin and Amy Pearson of 594 First Street and Chad R. and Joy L. Wohlschlegel of 544 First Street for the sum of $5,000.00, plus any additional closing and/or filing fees associated with this purchase. The new owners shall split P-04-04-151-002 in half, allocating each respective half to their adjoining property. The new owners shall also pay for the engineering costs involved with this split, including providing the appropriate revised surveys to the Township. The new owners shall also submit that paperwork to the Township to obtain two new parcel numbers and legal descriptions. Supervisor Dunn and Clerk Wright are authorized to sign all appropriate sale and legal deed paperwork on behalf of the Charter Township of Oxford.
• Declined the purchase of parcel number P-04-27-102-001 (off Park Street) in the amount of $15,992.22.
• Declined the purchase of parcel number P-04-28-353-032 (960 Keith Street).
• Meeting was adjourned at 9:55 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford, MI 48371
248-628-9787, ext. 5
Publish: Oxford Leader: September 1, 2010