SYNOPSIS Of the Regular Meeting on August 11, 2010
September 01, 2010 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on August 11, 2010 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Building, 28 N. Washington St., Oxford, MI 48371 (2nd floor).
PRESENT: Supervisor Dunn, Clerk Wright, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Trustee Bunting and Trustee Spisz.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as amended.
• Accepted the 2009 Audit Report for receipt and filing, as presented.
• Tabled discussion regarding Oakland County Circuit Court Case No. 03-051381-CZ, Oxford Township v Village of Oxford until the September 2010 regular Township Board meeting.
• Authorized Clerk Wright to work with Foster, Swift, Collins & Smith PC to update the Township personnel policy using either the current policy or the one that was provided by Foster, Swift, Collins & Smith at a cost not to exceed $2,500.00
• Scheduled a special meeting for August 18, 2010 to discuss changing the additional mills in the ballot language approved at the July 14, 2010 meeting to maintain the current level of Police Protection/Law Enforcement services.
• Placed a six-month moratorium on the portion of the Ordinance that deals with irrigating lawns from lakes or bodies of water and to forward the issue to the Planning Commission Ordinance Review Sub Committee.
• Authorized Oxford Township Parks & Recreation, on the Township's behalf, to purchase the property at 510 S. Coats in the amount of $212,000.00 and to allow for a seven-year loan at a 3% fixed rate to come from the Oxford Township sewer account, contingent upon legal opinion.
• Awarded the Emergency Services Bid for 2010 Community Development Block Grant Funds (CDBG) in the amount of $7,998.00 to Oxford/Orion FISH and authorizes CDBG Coordinator Ferrari to sign the applicable documents and proposal ratification.
• Set a budget workshop meeting for Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 6:00 pm.
• Tabled the Health Insurance Benefits Resolution for Township employees until the Fire Department union contracts have been completed.
• Approved the July 14, 2010 Regular meeting minutes, making the typographical correction as noted by Clerk Wright.
• Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford, MI 48371
248-628-9787, ext. 5
Publish: Oxford Leader: September 1, 2010