SYNOPSIS SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
September 22, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD OF THE
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Wallace, Carson, Petterson, Wagner, Rosso
4. The Agenda was amended to remove numbers 1 and 2 under New Business
5. Approved motion to go into closed session to discuss union negotiations at 7:05 p.m.
6. The Board came into open session at 7:18 p.m.
7. Ms. Hendricks, Finance Director, led the discussion of millage rates, specifically for Fire and Sheriff.
8. Due to retirement of the Parks & Recreation Director, the HR Director will send out a job description and recommendation as to the hiring process for that position.
9. Kelly Hyer from Parks & Recreation gave a year-to-date report on projects, with revenues and expenditures.
10. The Supervisor gave a monthly report for the Building Department on new projects.
11. Ms. Hendricks gave the monthly budget update.
12. The Supervisor advised that the 2011 proposed budget will be sent to the Board the next day.
13. Statements and Correspondence.
14. Meeting adjourned at 9:11 p.m.