SYNOPSIS SEPTEMBER 21, 2010 meeting
September 29, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
SEPTEMBER 21, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Roll Call: Present: Wallace, Lohmeier, VanderVeen, Rosso, Wagner
Absent: Carson, Petterson (arrived at 7:38)
4. The Agenda was approved as submitted.
5. Public Forum opened and closed at 7:32 p.m.
6. The consent agenda was moved to the end of the meeting.
7. Public Hearing on Millage Rates opened at 7:37 p.m. and closed at 7:41 p.m.
8. Approved motion to post position of Parks & Recreation Director
9. Approved motion to postpone further discussion on paving of Avington for one month
10. Discussion of Sheriff's services for midnight shift for Brandon.
11. Approved purchase of equipment for DPW
12. Approved 2010 Millage Rate for Fire at 3.1688 mills
13. Approved 2010 Millage Rate for the General Fund at 1.0193 mills
14. Approved 2010 Millage Rate for the Library at .6910 mills
15. Approved 2010 Millage Rate for the Police at 2.0547 and .8953 mills
16. Approved 2010 Safety Path for the Safety Path at .2023 mills
17. Approved Resolution recognizing Aliaga Foundation as a non-profit organization in order to obtain a Charitable Gaming License
18. Approved motion to extend meeting past 10:00 p.m.
19. Approved motion for a Township Board meeting on September 29, 2010 at 7:00 p.m.
20. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run
21. Approved Minutes of September 14, 2010 Regular Township Board Meeting with changes
22. Statements and Correspondence
23. Meeting adjourned at 10:33 p.m.