REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TO PROVIDE SAFETY PATH MAINTENANCE SERVICES
October 13, 2010 - REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS TO PROVIDE SAFETY PATH MAINTENANCE SERVICES
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF BRANDON
Safety Path - East of M-15 between the A&W and the Brandon High School entrance SPRING, SUMMER AND FALL MAINTENANCE
· Mow as needed (between the two Middle School driveways)
· Weed whip where necessary (hill and guard rail areas)
· Edge three times per year
· Remove all trash and debris before mowing
SAFTEY PATH WINTER MAINTENANCE
· Stake out pathway in Fall to identify sprinkler heads
· Plow pathway after it has snowed 2" or more
· Plow from Brandon High School driveway to the A&W Restaurant
· Salt on cement only; no salt on bridges
· No heavy equipment is to be used on pathway (no trucks/ 4-wheeler is OK)
· Shovel bridges by hand
Please submit price per push, price per salt application and price per cut.
* Contractors must be licensed and insured including workman's compensation for employees.
* This will be a two year proposal beginning November 15, 2010 through November 15, 2012.
* Payment will be made upon receipt of invoice.
Sealed bids may be mailed or delivered personally to the office of Brandon Township Clerk B. Jean McCreery, CMC by 10:00 a.m., Local Time on Friday, October 22, 2010, at the following address
Charter Township of Brandon
Attn: B. Jean McCreery, CMC
395 Mill St.
PO Box 929
Ortonville, MI 48462
At which time and place all bids will be publicly opened and read at 10:30 am. The proposal shall be placed in a sealed envelope including all enclosures and labeled as follows:
"ATTENTION: CLERK'S OFFICE"
"BID PROPOSAL FOR SAFETY PATH MAINTENANCE"
BRANDON TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN"
Brandon Township reserves the right to waive any informality in any proposal or to reject any or all proposals, in whole or in part, should it be deemed in the Township's best interests to do so.
All proposals shall remain firm for a period of sixty (60) calendar days after official opening of bids.
Brandon Township is an equal opportunity employer, businesses owned by women or minorities are strongly encouraged to bid.
Posted by B. Jean McCreery, CMC, Brandon Township Clerk, 395 Mill Street, PO Box 929, Ortonville, MI 48462
Publish in The Citizen 10-9-10