SYNOPSIS OCTOBER 5, 2010 meeting
October 13, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
OCTOBER 5, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Wallace, Lohmeier, VanderVeen, Rosso, Carson, Petterson
4. The Agenda was amended to add new items:
2. AFSCME Contract Ratification
7. Speed Limits
8. Halloween Hours
5 Approved Motion to go into Closed Session to discuss Union Negotiations at 7:02 p.m.
6. The Board came into Open Session at 7:35 p.m.
7. Public Forum opened at 7:40 p.m. and citizens were given an opportunity to address the Board.
8. The following Consent Agenda items were approved:
a. Regular Meeting Minutes of 9/7/2010
b. Accounts Payable Check Run
9. Mr. Timothy Walton was presented with a Proclamation from the Township Board in honor of his retirement after 35 years with the Township.
10. The 2010 AFSCME Contract was approved.
11. Approved bid award for Township vehicles.
12. Approved motion for the re-broadcasting and airing of Township meetings.
13. Approved motion authorizing the Clerk to contract with Plante & Moran at a cost not to exceed $2,500.00 for assistance with Finance.
14. Discussion of speed limits on Township roads.
15. Discussion of extension of Halloween hours.
16. Statements and Correspondence.
17. Meeting adjourned at 9:02 p.m.