SYNOPSIS OCTOBER 19, 2010
October 27, 2010 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
OCTOBER 19, 2010
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:08 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Wallace, Rosso, Lohmeier, Petterson, Carson
Absent: Wagner (arrived at 7:16 p.m.)
3. The Agenda was amended to add 1b. Report on Avington, and 6. Halloween Hours.
4. Approved motion to enter into Closed Session to discuss Legal Opinion at 7:14 p.m.
5. Entered into open session at 7:42 p.m.
6. Public Forum opened at 7:44 p.m. and closed with no one speaking.
7. The following items were approved under the Consent Agenda:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of September 14, 2010, September 21, 2010, and Special Meeting Minutes of September 29, 2010.
b. 2011 Annual Permit for MDOT.
8. Update by Attorney Steve Joppich on Morgan Ridge Paving and Avington.
9. Adopted Resolution to set Public Hearing for November 3, 2010, to amend Clarkston Ranch Estates Street Lighting Special Assessment District.
10. Approved motion to contract with Homefield Turf & Athletic to recondition Clintonwood Park Softball Fields #1 and #2 at a cost not to exceed $10,200.
11. Approved motion to postpone indefinitely the completion of Clintonwood Park Maintenance Pole Barn Project.
12. Approved motion for Senior Center to participate in Municipal Credit Program with SMART.
13. Approved motion to post DPW Director Job.
14. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run.
15. Approved reappointment of Mark Petterson to Waumegah Lake Improvement Board.
16. Approved motion to accept Special Assessments.
17. Statements and Correspondence.
18. The meeting adjourned at 10:08 p.m.