SYNOPSIS of regular meeting of November 10, 2010
November 24, 2010 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on November 10, 2010 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Building, 28 N. Washington St., Oxford, MI 48371 (2nd floor).
PRESENT: Supervisor Dunn, Clerk Wright, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Trustee Bunting and Trustee Spisz.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as amended.
• Opened the Public Hearing at 7:52 pm to discuss the 2011 Annual Oxford Township CDBG Fund allocation and Sub-Recipient Agreement.
• Closed the Public Hearing at 7:52 pm to discuss the 2011 Annual Oxford Township CDBG Fund allocation and Sub-Recipient Agreement.
• Allocated the 2011 CDBG Funds as follows: 1) $24,342.00 to minor home repair; 2) $7,931.00 for emergency food, utility, rent/mortgage, medical and educational assistance for Oxford Township residents; and 3) $2,500.00 as a contribution to HAVEN and authorized Joseph G. Ferrari to prepare all necessary documents and Supervisor Dunn to sign all documents on behalf of the Township.
• Accepted the Consent Judgment as written regarding the OPFEC Settlement and the Dispatch Services Agreement as written, authorizing Supervisor Dunn to sign on the Township's behalf.
• Approved the requirement that any changes that require a withdrawal from the 10% construction contingency for the Elkview Estates project be approved, prior to any work being completed, by two of the three elected officials and no engineering fees charged for those changes.
• Approved the contract dated August 30, 2010 between the Charter Township of Oxford and Giffels-Webster Engineers in the amount of $97,930.00 for Elkview Estates engineering fees and authorized Supervisor Dunn to sign on behalf of the Township.
• Extended the moratorium on all applications which concern the development of a medical marijuana facility in Oxford Township for a period of 180 days or such shorter or longer period of time as determined by the Board of Trustees.
• Approved the Parks & Recreation Department to plow the cemeteries at a rate of $47.00 per hour.
• Awarded the Veterans Hall contract for a three-year term to Hi Hill Lawn Services in the amount of $5,130.00.
• Awarded the Township Hall winter maintenance contract to Parrish Lawn & Snow for a three year term in the amount of $8,325.00.
• Awarded the safety path winter maintenance contract to Northern Pines Landscaping for a three-year contract at a rate of $400.00 per push.
• Requested the Independence Township Board of Trustees indicate that they are seriously interested in utilizing NOTA's services and contracting for transportation and requested information regarding all budgetary issues involved.
• Approved the 2010 Delinquent Sewer Resolution as presented.
• Approved the Shredding Service Agreement with Cintas as presented and authorized Supervisor Dunn to sign the agreement.
• Approved the Forest Green Lawn Services, Inc. proposal for 2011 in the amount of $2,575.00, with the term to be from 2011 through 2013 at a rate of $2,575 per year, payable each year.
• Appointed Trustee Cryderman as the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center Committee's main contact and Treasurer Ferrari as the alternate, with terms expiring November 29, 2012.
• Authorized Supervisor Dunn to sign the Closing Statement and all other required documentation in connection with the purchase by the Township of property owned by Thomas and Leora Patch, located on Coats Road, Oxford, MI 48371.
• Approved the regular bills through November 5, 2010 as presented.
• Approved the consultant bills through November 5, 2010 with Police Contracting being allocated for general legal matters and Police Contracting allocated for prosecutions as part of the Rentrop & Morrison bill.
• Meeting was adjourned at 9:45 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford, MI 48371
248-628-9787, ext. 5
Publish: Oxford Leader: November 24, 2010