Synopsis of JANUARY 4, 2011 meeting
January 12, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JANUARY 4, 2011
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: VanderVeen, Wallace, Rosso, Lohmeier, Petterson, Wagner
3. The Agenda was amended adding Green Triangle – EECBG Grant and Accounts Payable Check Run of December 20, 2010.
4. The Public Forum opened with citizens addressing the Board and closed at 7:37 p.m.
5. Approved awarding the bid contract for removal and replacement of front entrance door/side light and windows at the DPW maintenance building to B & B Glass for $10,770.00.
6. Discussion of NOTA service to Independence Township with no action being taken.
7. Approved 2011 Meeting Schedule with changes, as outlined in the Board Budget and Financial Review Schedule.
8. Approved five days of vacation for Ken Elwert.
9. Approved 2011 Depositories Resolutions for Treasurer.
10. Approved Contract for Records Management with Rita Heady.
11. Approved Minutes of November 9, 2010 with changes.
12. Approved Minutes of December 13, 2010 with changes.
13. Approved Minutes of December 14, 2010, with changes.
14. Approved Minutes of December 7, 2010 with changes.
15. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run, with removal of Plante Moran payment.
16. Approved Motion to go into Closed Session to discuss pending litigation at 9:08 p.m.
17. Came into open session at 9:49 p.m.
18. Closing Statements by Board Members.
19. Meeting adjourned at 10:04 p.m.