Contest offers dream wedding courtesy of local businesses
January 19, 2011 - Wedding planning can be extremely difficult and nerve-racking for the recently engaged.
Deciding between the reception, whose in and out on the guest list, the multitude of wedding cake options, finding the perfect dress can drive any bride and groom to be up a wall.
For some couples, the perfect day can be dashed by the simple fact that weddings can be expensive.
According to www.costofwedding.com, the average cost of a wedding in Oxford comes in between $16,000 and $27,000 dollars.
Sherman Publications, Inc. and Oxford's business community have come together to help ease that burden for one lucky couple in Oxford, Lake Orion, Lakeville or Leonard by providing a free wedding and reception with the Downtown Oxford Dream Wedding Contest.
Every aspect of a perfect dream wedding will be covered, from the wedding dress all the way down to the ring bearer's pillow.
Stop in at any or all of the businesses listed below to register for the Dream Wedding Giveaway as many times as desired. Registration ends Feb. 28. Drawing will take place March 11.
Items to be donated include:
•Wedding reception for 120 people from Devils Ridge Golf Course
•Limousine from Auto Works
•Teeth Whitening from Oxford Lakes Dental
•Photos from Johnston Photography
•A wedding dress from Glorious Collections
•Wedding invitations from Sherman Publications
•Flowers from Harvest Time
•Hair and makeup session at Villa de Goochi
•The wedding ceremony held at Oakwood Wedding Chapel.
• A four-hour bridal massage package from Ageless Day Spa.
• $150 honeymoon outfit from Ella's Fashion.
• Tuxedos purchased by Oxford Home and Garden
• Manicures for up to five people at Downtown Salon.
• 24th Street Sport Tavern will be throwing the bachlorette party.
• Sue's Custom Sewing will provide the ring bearer pillow.
• Wedding cake from Sweet and Savory.
• The Tan Company will be offering either a full body spray tan or a discounted body package.
• Gifts for the wedding party from Mark Young Jewelers.
• Glorious Reflections will give away free haircuts for the groom and groomsmen
• Head to Toes Day Spa will provide a free express facial and massage for the bride's mother.
• Guido's will provide a pizza for the bachelor party.
Andrew Moser is a staff writer for the Oxford Leader.