SYNOPSIS of FEBRUARY 1, 2011 meeting
February 09, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
FEBRUARY 1, 2011
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Wallace, Rosso, Petterson, Wagner
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved, with the removal of the Presentation by BS&A for Financial Management Software and the Rate Increases and Perpetual Care Fund for Cemeteries.
5. The Public Forum opened at 7:32 and closed at 7:32, with no one addressing the Board.
6. The Consent Agenda was approved with the removal of the Minutes of January 11, 2011 and the Check Run.
7. Authorized Township Attorney to draft a letter to the City of the Village of Clarkston to receive timely payments for Library, Fire and Police Contracts.
8. Update on the airing of Township Board meetings on AT&T U-verse Cable Station with the Supervisor returning to the Board in the future with further updates.
9. Discussion update concerning the 2010 Year-End Budget Performance Review.
10. Acceptance of the 2011 Budget Amendments for Parks and Recreation.
11. Approved additional compensation for Kelly Hyer for taking on additional responsibilities during the Director's absence.
12. Approved notifying the HR Director of her working hours, with the Supervisor signing her timesheet, and with her posting hours to be available to staff each week.
13. Approved scheduling a Special Meeting for conducting interviews for the Interim Clerk's position on February 8, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. with interviews starting at 7:30 p.m.
14. Discussion of interview process for Interim Clerk's position.
15. Approved Minutes of the January 11, 2011 meeting.
16. Approved Check Run
17. Closing Statements by Board Members.
18. Meeting adjourned at 9:17 p.m.