February 10, 2011 SYNOPSIS
February 16, 2011 - SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
February 10, 2011 SYNOPSIS
CALL TO ORDER: 7:30 p.m. by Supervisor Trout
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AGENDA ADDITIONS & CHANGES: None
PUBLIC COMMENT: Springfield Township Library Director Cathy Forst presented awards to Ruth Gruber and Kristy Bower in recognition of their 35 years of service on the Library Board
a) Approved Minutes: January 13, 2011 Regular Meeting with bills and additional disbursements of $298,878.86
b) Accepted January Treasurer's Report
c) Received January 2011 Reports: Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Ordinance, Police, Fire and IT
d) Received December 2010 Reports: Police
e) Authorized payment of bills as presented, totaling $27,916.88
f) Establish Spring Clean up date, May 7, 2011 8am – 2pm @Springfield Oaks Activity Center
g) Received Communications and placed on file
1. Davisburg Community Sewer System – Davisburg Action Committee update: Received downtown septic update and property owner feedback to sewer district proposal. Based on feedback, Board consensus was to discontinue investigation into community wastewater solution
1. Healthcare Plan – Flexible Spending Account Approval: Approved plan for full time and regular part time employees
2. Ordinance Codification – Legal review and policy discussion: Considered policy action regarding setting fees by Resolution versus by Ordinance, solicitation on Parks property and political sign regulations
3. Office Utilization Plan: Considered plan to provide space for building department functions within main Township office and to reconfigure space for the Parks and Recreation department
4. Huron Creek site plan approval extension: Authorized one year extension
5. Agreements for consulting services – Planning & Building: Authorized Supervisor and Clerk to enter into 3 year Planning Services Agreement with Carlisle/Wortman Associates. Supervisor to obtain addition detail regarding building agreement
6. Police Millage discussion: Board reached consensus not to add a Police Millage question on the August 2011 special election ballot
PUBLIC COMMENT: Brian Howe 2135 Woodbridge Ct, Highland Twp, explained that he is in attendance to support Ruth Gruber and also to introduce himself to the Board. He is running for open District 2 County Commission seat and looks forward to serving the community.
Raymond Miller, 10350 Oakhill requested information regarding the Oak Hill paving project.
Supervisor Mike Trout recognized the efforts of Mike Forst, Greg Kazmierski and Chris Benedict to plow township property. Mr. Trout said they have done a great job and he believes it was a good decision to have Township staff provide this service.
ADJOURNMENT: 10:00 p.m.
Publish: 2/16/11 TB Laura Moreau, Clerk