SYNOPSIS of FEBRUARY 15, 2011 regular meeting
February 23, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
FEBRUARY 15, 2011
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:03 p.m., at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Wallace, Rosso, Petterson, Wagner, Lohmeier
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved as presented.
5. Approved Motion to go into Closed Session at 7:07 p.m. to discuss pending litigation.
6. Returned to Open Session at 7:25 p.m.
7. The Public Forum opened at 7:27 p.m. and closed at 7:28.
8. The Consent Agenda was approved:
a. Regular Meeting Minutes of January 18, 2011
b. Accounts Payable Check Run
9. The three Clerk Candidates addressed the Board.
10. Members of the audience were given the opportunity to speak regarding the Clerk position, beginning at 7:40 p.m. and ending at 8:14 p.m.
11. There was a five minute recess at 8:15 p.m.
12. Meeting resumed at 8:19 p.m.
13. Board discussion and vote on Clerk's position.
14. Approved setting Special Meeting for Wednesday, February 16, 2011, to appoint a Clerk.
15. The Motion to direct Township Attorney to draft Petition language for snowplowing certain streets in Thendara Park Subdivision failed.
16. Approved Motion to have the Township attorney look into possible options for avoiding Township liability for snowplowing certain roads in Thendara Park Subdivision.
17. Presentation of Financial Management Software from BS&A.
18. Approved the 2011 Budget Amendments to fund and operate Deer Lake Beach, including swimming lessons, the Special Events, including 4th of July fireworks, contingent upon receipt of donated funds, with the source of funds being the Administrative Assistant in the Supervisor's Department that has not been filled to date.
19. Discussion regarding Budget process.
20. Reviewed Monthly Budget as of January 31, 2011.
21. Closing Statements by Board Members.
22. Meeting adjourned at 12:45 a.m.
Township Deputy Clerk