Synopsis of the Feb. 9, 2011 regular meeting
February 23, 2011 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on February 9, 2011 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Building, 28 N. Washington St., Oxford, MI 48371 (2nd floor).
PRESENT: Supervisor Dunn, Clerk Wright, Treasurer Ferrari, Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Trustee Bunting and Trustee Spisz.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as presented.
• Agreed that regarding the Consent Agenda, a Board Member can request to remove an item without a majority vote.
• Set the First Reading of Ordinance 103.003 Land Division for the Regular Township Board meeting of March 9, 2011.
• Set the First Reading of the proposed Cemetery Ordinance for the Regular Township Board meeting of March 9, 2011.
• Approved the spending of $47.00 per hour for maintenance of the Vet's Hall generator every two months.
• Approved the recommendation that Trustee Cryderman work with Fire Chief Scholz to look at different generator potions for the Vet's Hall and report back at the next regular Township Board meeting.
• Authorized the Cemetery Committee to send out Request for Proposals to complete the repairs on the mausoleum.
• Authorized Treasurer Ferrari and Trustee Bunting to draft an amendment to Ordinance No. 80B, Irrigating Lawns from Lakes, etc., incorporating Board comments from this meeting and present a draft amendment to the Board at the April 13, 2011 regular meeting.
• Approved the charge of $10.00 per straw for all Oxford residents that require PBT testing and $20.00 per straw for non-residents that require PBT testing.
• Approved the above-referenced fees to begin on March 1, 2011.
• Approved the recommendation that no additional work continue on the Elkview Estates project until the Township receives 51% resident SAD participation and that Supervisor Dunn not notify the County of the road status for another ninety (90) days, and agreed that legal fees not exceed $500.00 during this ninety (90) day period.
• Scheduled a Public Hearing on March 30, 2011 for discussion and input regarding banning the discharge of firearms and hunting in R-1, R-2 and RM zoning districts.
• Agreed to reconsider the Conveyance of Property on Ora Avenue at the March 9, 2011 regular Township Board meeting.
• Approved new burial prices for Oxford Township cemeteries effective March 1, 2011.
• Authorized Treasurer Ferrari to investigate updating the Township website.
• Accepted the donation of the McMahon property as presented.
• Approved the Consultant bills as presented.
• Meeting was adjourned at 10:05 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3
Oxford, MI 48371