SYNOPSIS of MARCH 1, 2011 meeting
March 09, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
MARCH 1, 2011
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m. at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Wagner, Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Wallace
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved, as amended.
5. Approved Motion to go into Closed Session at 7:04 p.m. to discuss Fire Union Negotiations, employee matter and possible discipline and pending litigation.
6. Returned to Open Session at 7:47 p.m.
7. There was no comment during Public Forum.
8. The Consent Agenda was approved:
a. Regular Meeting Minutes of February 1, 2011 and Special Meeting Minutes of February 8, 2011
b. Accounts Payable Check Run
9. New Business:
1. Approved First Reading of an Amendment to the Pine Knob Corporate Center PUD for Medilodge of Clarkston
10. 2. Approved BS&A financial management system software at the price presented contingent upon a five (5) year payment term and additional upgrades as required.
11. The meeting recessed at 9:17 p.m.
12. The meeting reconvened at 9:23 p.m.
13. New Business: (cont'd)
4. Received and reviewed 2012 tax and other revenue projections from the Assessor.
14. 7. Discussed Monthly Budget Update.
15. 3. Discussed short and long term priorities regarding services offered and
6. Discussed and begin formulating Township wide priorities.
16. 5. Directed DPW staff to prepare and provide a formulation of water and sewer rate recommendations or any adjustments made to rates.
17. 9. ZBA appointment recommendation failed.
18. 8. Board discussion regarding missing Township equipment.
19. Closing Statements by Board Members.
20. The meeting adjourned at 10:31 p.m.
Barbara A. Pallotta