Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on Monday, March 28, 2011 Checkers Drive-Thru Restaurant Signs
March 09, 2011 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Charter Township of Orion Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on Monday, March 28, 2011 at 7:00 p.m. in the lower level of the Orion Township Hall, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360, on the following matter:
AB-2011-02, Checkers Drive-Thru Restaurant Signs, 1476 S. Lapeer Road
Petitioner is seeking 4 variances and a determination from Ordinance Number 138:
1) Section 3, Definition of Directional Sign, to construct a 4.82 square foot directional sign: seeking a variance of 2.82 square feet above the allowed 2 square feet.
2) Section 4, J, to construct 6 directional signs: seeking a variance to allow 2 additional directional signs above the allowed 4.
3) Section 8, B, Zoning District GB-1, Wall Signs, to construct 4 wall signs totaling 77.54 square feet: seeking a variance of 37.85 square feet above the allowed 39.69 square feet.
4) Section 8, B, Zoning District GB-1, Wall Signs, to construct 4 wall signs: seeking a variance for 3 wall signs in addition to the one wall sign allowed.
5) Section 8, F, 3, a, to construct a 22.13 square foot walk-up menu board on the front of the building: seeking a determination if the permitted 2nd menu board for a drive-thru restaurant may be a wall sign instead of a ground sign, and if it can be located on the front of the building (front yard area) instead of the rear or side yard as stated in the ordinance.
You may send correspondence regarding this case to the Orion Township Hall, addressed to the Zoning Board of Appeals, or you may attend the public hearing to express your views and/or concerns.
A complete copy of the proposed ZBA application is on file in the Building Department Office and may be examined during normal business hours, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, until the date of the public hearing.
Loren Yaros, Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals
Charter Township of Orion