MARCH 15, 2011 synopsis
March 23, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
MARCH 15, 2011
1. The regular meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:01 p.m. at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Wagner, Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved as amended.
5. Approved Motion to go into Closed Session at 7:05 p.m. to pending litigation.
6. The meeting reconvened to Open Session at 8:00 p.m.
7. Public Forum Comment: Rob Namowicz; Jeff Reed
8. The Consent Agenda was approved:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of February 15, 2011 and Special Meeting Minutes of February 16, 2011 and February 17, 2011
b. Approval Accounts Payable Check Run
c. Resolution for North Oakland Dance Troop to be recognized as a non-profit organization for purposes of obtaining a charitable gaming license
d. 2011 Porta-John Contract
9. The meeting recessed at 9:35 p.m.
10. The meeting reconvened at 9:43 p.m.
11. Unfinished Business:
1. Approval of Revised Budget Schedule
2. Approval of Zoning Board of Appeals Appointment
3. Approved BS&A Financial Management System Proposal/Contract; Tabled Source of Funds for BS&A Financial Management System
4. Approval to assign Plante & Moran and the Finance Director as the key contact representing the Township in regard to the Deficit Elimination Plan
12. New Business:
1. Approval to establish a Citizens Public T.V. Access Committee
2. Approval of 2010 Year-End Investment Report
3. Approval of Non-Union Benefits Recommendations
4. Approval of Directing the Human Resources Director to Establish a Performance Review System
13. The meeting recessed at 11:29 p.m.
14. The meeting reconvened at 11:35 p.m.
15. New Business (con't)
4. Approval of "Memorandum of Understanding" with Clarkston Community Church
5. Approval of "2011 Summer Recreation Guide" for Parks and Recreation
6. Approval of Plante & Moran Engagement Letter for the 2010 Audit
7. Approval of Reconsideration of the March 1, 2011 Consent Agenda
8. Postponement of Request to Post "Office Assistant" Position
9. Approval of Source of Funds for BS&A Financial Management System
16. Closing Statements by Board Members.
17. The meeting adjourned at 12:22 a.m. on Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC