SYNOPSIS of APRIL 5, 2011 meeting
April 13, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
APRIL 5, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 p.m. at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Wagner, Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved as amended.
5. Approved Motion to go into Closed Session at 7:05 p.m.:
a. Triumph Telecom Systems, Inc. v Charter Township of Independence, et al, as permitted by MCL 15.268(e)
b. Negotiation of International Association of Firefighters Collective Bargaining Agreement, as permitted by MCL 15.268(c)
c. Evaluation and Contract review for the Deputy Supervisor, as permitted by 15.268(a)
d. AFSCME Union Grievance, as permitted by 15.268(a)
e. Discussion regarding legal opinion received from Secrest Wardle, as permitted by MCL 15.268(h) under Freedom of Information Act, MCL 15.243(1)(g)
6. The meeting reconvened to Open Session at 9:53 p.m.
7. Approved motion to extend meeting to 11:30 p.m.
8. Approved "Waiver of Conflict of Interest" in Triumph Telecom Systems, Inc. v. Charter Township of Independence, et al.
9. Approved action to be taken in regard to AFSCME Employee Grievance.
10. Approved extension of Deputy Supervisor's contract.
11. Public Forum Comment: None
12. Approved Consent Agenda:
c. Approved Resolution for Friends of Clarkston Lacrosse Association to be recognized as a non-profit organization.
d. Bid Awarded for the 2011 Fireworks Contract for Independence Day Celebration
e. Approved Parks & Recreation 2011 Youth Baseball/Softball Team Uniforms
f. Approved Contract for Lawn Care Services for Parks & Recreation Athletic Fields
g. Approved DTE Premises License Agreement Extension
h. Approved Cemetery Rate Increases
13. Approved Second Reading and Adoption of an Amendment to the Pine Knob Corporate Center PUD for Medilodge of Clarkston.
14. Approved posting of part-time Office Assistant Position in the Supervisor's Office.
15. Approved motion to extend meeting to 12:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 6, 2011 and address agenda items out of order.
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA
16. a. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run
17. b. Approved Regular Meeting Minutes of March 1, 2011 as submitted and Special Meeting Minutes of February 22, 2011 as amended
18. Approved 2011 Road Chloride Program and Reimbursement Policy for Private Roads.
19. Approved Computer Purchase and Upgrade for Compliance with BS&A Financial System Software.
20. Approved posting of Advanced Assessing Officer (Level III) position.
21. Closing Statements by Board Members: None
22. The meeting adjourned at 12:22 a.m. on Wednesday, April 6, 2011.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: April 13, 2011