April 14, 2011 SYNOPSIS
April 27, 2011 - SPRINGFIELD TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
April 14, 2011 SYNOPSIS
CALL TO ORDER: 7:30 p.m. by Supervisor Trout
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
AGENDA ADDITIONS & CHANGES: Added New Business #11, DTE Tree Planting Grant
PUBLIC COMMENT: None
a) Approved Minutes: March 10, 2011 Regular Meeting with bills and additional disbursements of $274,230.57
b) Accepted March 2011 Treasurer's Report
c) Received March 2011 Monthly Reports: Building, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Ordinance, Police, Fire, CDBG, Assessing and IT
d) Authorized payment of bills as presented, totaling $15,148.23
e) Accepted FEMA Grant Agreement and authorize Fire Chief to complete projects
f) Authorized Supervisor to submit proposed West Nile project to Oakland County for approval
g) Adopted Resolution to approve Holly Area Youth Assistance member Debbie Miller
h) Received Communications and placed on file
PUBLIC HEARINGS: None
1. Ordinance Codification – Legal Review and Policy discussion: Recommended definition of Family to the Planning Commission for consideration.
2. 2011 Dust Control Program: Accepted bid from Road Maintenance Corp. for all Township gravel roads.
3. Second Reading: Amendments to Zoning Ordinance 26, Section 18.07 – Site Plan Review: Adopted amendments.
4. Second Reading: Amendments to Zoning Ordinance 26, Section 16.24 – Seasonal and Temporary Display: Adopted amendments.
1. Budget Amendments: Adopted amendments to the following funds: General Fund, Revenue $1,851,300, Expenses $1,849,550; Fire Fund, Revenue $715,165, Expenses $680,565
2. Eliza Lake SAD: Adopted Resolution tentatively declaring intention to establish the Eliza Lake Special Assessment District and set Public Hearing on Practicability for May 12, 2011 at 7:00 pm.
3. Rotary Park Bridge project: Authorized contribution in the amount of $1,000 for bridge replacement project.
4. Lumberyard Plan: Accepted proposal from Carlisle/Wortman, cost not to exceed $5,600.
5. The River Church Fees: Moved to establish escrow account in the amount of $7,710 for plan review fees. Difference to either be refunded or put toward building permit fees.
6. FY 2011 Tri-Party Program: Discussed 2011 tri-party program and funds allotted to Springfield Township in the amount of $49,565.
7. Code Enforcement Services Agreement: Approved agreement with Code Enforcement Services.
8. Disposition of Property: Authorized Supervisor to publish notice of Township intent to dispose of property and to carry out plan as proposed.
9. IBC North America: Issues related to potential Facilities Exemptions were discussed.
10. New Proposed Ordinances: Referred proposed solicitors and Animal Control ordinance to Township Attorney for review.
11. DTE Tree Planting Grant: Accepted DTE grant in the amount of $2,000 and Township match in the amount of $4,200.
PUBLIC COMMENT: Supervisor Trout noted Energy Efficiency Community Block Grant Funds information in the Library display case. Encouraged participation in Davisburg Beautification Day on May 21 and Township Clean Up on May 14.
ADJOURNMENT: 10:19 pm Laura Moreau, Clerk