SYNOPSIS -- APRIL 19, 2011
April 27, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
APRIL 19, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved as amended.
5. Public Forum opened at 7:36 PM
6. APPROVED CONSENT AGENDA:
c. Approved proposed dates for the Implementation of Non-Union Retiree Employee Healthcare Benefits
d. Approved Resolution for Goose Nest Destruction on Lake Oakland
7. Discussion – Thendara Park Snow Plowing SAD
8. Discussion – Deficit Elimination Plan Update
9. Approved proposed dates for the implementation of Non-Union Employee Benefits Plan
10. Board discussion and action taken regarding missing equipment
The meeting RECESSED at 10:10 PM
The meeting RECONVENED at 10:19 PM
11. Approved Fire Department promotions
12. Discussion and review of Quarterly Budget
13. Approved Michigan Inter-Governmental Trade Network Request (MITN) By-Laws and Agreement for Services
14. Discussion and proposal regarding direct formulation of water and sewer rate increases including back-up information and restructuring considerations
Trustee Lohmeier left the meeting at 11:07 PM
15. Accepted 2011 Assessment and Tax Roll and Warrant
16. Approved liability insurance rider for the 2011 4th of July Annual Parade event
17. APPROVED ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA:
b. Approved Accounts Payable Check Run
e. Approved Concessions Contract for 2011 Season
The meeting ADJOURNED at 11:58 PM
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: April 27, 2011