April 25, 2011 Synopsis
May 04, 2011 - Village of Ortonville
Brandon Township Offices
395 Mill Street
Ortonville Village Council meeting
April 25, 2011 Synopsis
Trustees Present: Waters, Baker, Champion, Skornicka, Eschmann, Peters, Wills
1) Approved the agenda as presented.
2) Approved the minutes of the March 28, 2011 Village Council meeting
Treasurer's Report - March 2011
Brandon Fire Department Expenditures - March 2011
Brandon Fire Department Monthly Report - March 2011
Ortonville Planning Commission Minutes - January 4, 2011
DDA Board Meeting Minutes - March 28, 2011
Brandon Township Regular Meeting Minutes - March 21, 2011
4) Approved disbursements in the amount of $22,296.06
5) Approved the Motion to support Brandon Township entering into the described lease with Dave Bonner; to continue to fund the Public Access Channel at the current level for the lease period; and to approve additional expenditures from the joint cable account not to exceed $69601 for the purpose of relocating and operating the station for the remainder of the budget year at 433 Mill Street; further noting that upon review the Council has noted inconsistencies in spelling and grammar but approve the representation of the legal content.
6) Approved the Motion to authorize Brandon Township to include the improvements to the Old Town Hall described in Jeannie McCreery's letter of April 21 in the described grant request in order to maintain the Old Town Hall as a polling place for Village residents with final design approval from the Planning Commission and Village Council.
7) Approved the Motion to approve the Fire Department request to purchase the copier/printer and to move $4000.00 from undesignated funds category as presented.
8) Discussed and set a date of May 31, 2011 for the first Special Budget meeting.
9) Approved the Motion to accept the proposed bid from Clarkston Painting Company for the amount in their quote of $2350.00.
10) Approved the Motion to request a quote from Rowe Professional Engineering to develop specifications and quote packages for Pond Street improvements.
11) Approved the Motion approving the Special Permit for Park/Parade use for Creekfest, the Memorial Parade, and the Relay for Life 5K as presented.
12) Meeting Adjourned at 8:46 p.m.
Posted by Heidi Barckholtz, Village of Ortonville Clerk. A full copy of the minutes are available at the Clerk's office located at 476 Mill Street, PO BOX 928, Ortonville, Michigan 48462 or on the Village Website @ www.ortonvillevillage.com.
Publish in The Citizen 4-30-11