SYNOPSIS of MAY 3, 2011 meeting
May 11, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
MAY 3, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:05 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum.
4. The Agenda was approved as amended.
5. Closed Session: Personnel evaluation as permitted by MCL 15.268(a)
Hear complaints brought against a public officer and employee as permitted by MCL 15.268(a)
The meeting MOVED INTO Closed Session at 7:11 PM
The meeting RECONVENED at 7:52 PM
6. Public Forum opened at 7:52 PM
7. APPROVAL of CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run UNFINISHED BUSINESS
8. Discussion – Deficit Elimination Plan Update
9. Discussion – Proposed Travel and Mileage Policy
10. Discussion – CIA Update
11. Policy Millage Update – Approval to provide police support services for the 2011 4th of July Parade and Fireworks at Clintonwood Park
12. Discussion - "Relighting Main Street" Energy Savings Program
13. Approval of Liquor License Transfer – Deer Lake Inn
14. Approval to refer a review of the Zoning Ordinance to the Planning Commission and provide a recommendation to the Township Board
The meeting RECESSED at 10:26 PM.
The meeting RECONVENED at 10:36 PM.
15. Approval of 2011 Free Electronics Recycling Program
16. Discussion – Capital Improvements Plan (CIP)
17. Approval of Citizens' Public TV Access Committee Rules and Appointments
18. Discussion – Proposed Asset Management Policy
19. Approval of Designation of Assessor
20. Discussion and Action – Building Director – Repayment of Bonus
The meeting ADJOURNED at 1:04 AM on Tuesday, May 4, 2011
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: May 11, 2011