SYNOPSIS MAY 17, 2011 meeting
May 25, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
MAY 17, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:00 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Lohmeier, Pallotta, Rosso, Wallace
Absent: Carson, Petterson, Wagner,
There was a quorum.
4. Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
5. The Agenda was approved as amended.
6. Closed Session: To consider the dismissal, suspension or disciplining of… employee as permitted by MCL 15.268(a)
The meeting MOVED INTO Closed Session at 7:06 PM.
The Regular meeting RECONVENED at 7:33 PM.
7. Public Forum opened at 7:35 PM.
8. APPROVAL of CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of April 19, 2011.
b. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run.
9. Approval of Administrative Court Order (ACO) for the NPDES MS4 General Jurisdictional Permit.
10. Approval of Liquor License Transfer Agreement and approval as to form of Dance Entertainment Permit Agreement for KJJAR, LLC at 7504 Dixie Highway (formerly: Deer Lake Inn).
11. Authorize DPW Director to apply for the Advanced Lighting Grant through the EECBG and sign grant application as the administrator for the Green Triangle.
12. Approval of Travel and Mileage Policy and forms, and authorize Human Resources Director to implement policy.
13. Approval of Board recommendations to Supervisor for reappointments/appointments to Sashabaw Corridor Improvement Authority (CIA).
14. Approval of First Reading to repeal Division 12, "Cablecasting Board," of Chapter 44, "Telecommunications," Article II, "Cable Television."
15. Approval of Marine Patrol Services contract on Deer Lake.
16. Approval of Memorandum of Understanding and requested letter regarding the Optimist Club donation for Deer Lake.
17. Fund balance update and approval of Fund Balance policy.
18. Approval of request from DTE Music Theater to extend hours for 2nd state event to 11:00 PM.
19. Approval to create a committee to study the elected officials disability insurance policy and practice.
20. Approval to extend meeting past 10:00 PM.
The meeting RECESSED at 10:07 PM.
The meeting RECONVENED at 10:14 PM.
The meeting RETURNED TO Closed Session at 10:14 PM.
The Regular meeting RECONVENED at 11:03 PM.
21. Approval to suspend Building Director.
The meeting ADJOURNED at 11:09 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC