SYNOPSIS of JUNE 7, 2011 meeting
June 15, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JUNE 7, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:30 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum.
4. Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
5. The Agenda was approved as amended.
6. Public Forum opened at 7:40 PM.
7. APPROVAL of CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of May 3, 2011.
8. APPROVAL OF ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of March 15, 2011.
b. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run.
c. Approval of Canada Geese Nest Destruction, Round-up (Capture) and Holding on Van Norman Lake (Number of eggs gathered).
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. The Ridge at Morgan Lake Paving - Presentation given by Randal Ford, Hubbell, Roth & Clark and authorization given to: Steven Joppich, Secrest / Wardle; Richard Carlisle, Carlisle Wortman Associates, Inc.; Randal Ford, Hubbell, Roth & Clark to meet with the Developer in regard to paving.
The meeting RECESSED at 9:39 PM.
The meeting RECONVENED at 9:45 PM.
10. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Approval of First Reading of Planning Commission Ordinance per Act 33 of 2008.
2. 2011 Safety Path Program - Update given by Randal Ford, Hubbell, Roth & Clark and direction given to Clerk to reconstitute the Safety Path Committee.
3. Approval of Transfer of Liquor License for DTE Music Theater
Approval to extend meeting past 10:00 PM.
4. 2010-2011 Recycling Update.
5. Presentation by Deputy Supervisor regarding Tri-Party Gravel Project.
6. Presentation by Deputy Supervisor regarding Assumptions to be used for 2013 and 2014.
Trustee Petterson left at 11:00 PM.
7. Approval to authorize Department of Public Works Director to proceed with Weldhead Protection Grant.
8. Approval of Revision to Employee Personnel Manual – Vesting Period under Procedure 1040.5-Retirement Plan.
9. Approval of Parks & Recreation Department Budget Amendments; Report from Parks & Recreation Department on year-to-date projects, etc.
10. Approval of out-of-state travel for Parks & Recreation Director to attend NRPA Conference.
11. Approval of travel for Clerk to attend MAMC Conference.
12. Report on impact on operations due to reduced personnel in Assessing Department.
13. Approval of 2011 Budget Adjustments and approval of 2011 Budget Adjustments, addendum.
14. Approval of appointment of alternate member to the Zoning Board of Appeals.
15. Approval of waiver of one month vesting period in pension plan for Nathan Uballe.
16. Approval of agreement for private investigation of missing equipment.
17. Discussion and direction given to Human Resources Director to develop an employee performance review/evaluation system.
18. Initial report of Disability Study Group.
The meeting RECESSED at 11:23 PM.
The meeting RECONVENED at 11:25 PM.
The meeting ADJOURNED at 1:14 AM on Wednesday, June 8, 2011.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: June 15, 2011