SYNOPSIS of JUNE 21, 2011 meeting
June 29, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
JUNE 21, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at
7:30 p.m. at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Lohmeier, Wallace, Rosso and
Absent: Wagner, Pallotta, Petterson
There was a quorum.
4. Approved appointment of Acting Chair.
5. Approved appointment of Acting Clerk
6. The Agenda was approved.
7. Public Forum opened at 7:33 p.m.
8. APPROVAL of CONSENT AGENDA:
a. Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of May 17,
2011 and Special Meeting Minutes of May 25, 2011.
b. Approval of fireworks display over Lake Oakland.
c. Approval of fireworks display at Everest Academy.
9. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
1. Update from Disability Study Group
2. Approval of Second Reading and Adoption of the
Planning Commission Ordinance
3. Approved Resolution confirming appointments to
the Planning Commission.
4. Approved Second Reading and Adoption of an
Ordinance Repealing Certain Provisions of the
10. NEW BUSINESS:
1. Capital Improvement Program Process. Presenta
tion given by Dick Carlisle, Carlisle /Wortman.
Approved bringing discussion back at the July 19th
2. Approved establishing a Citizens' Study Group
regarding Open Burning.
3. Approved establishing a Citizens' Neighborhood
Road Study Group.
The meeting RECESSED at 9:30 p.m.
The meeting RECONVENED at 9:36 p.m.
4. Approved bringing back the Monthly Budget
Update at the next Regular Meeting, July 5, 2011
5. Approved the 2012-2014 Cooperative Agreements
– Oakland County Urban County Community
Development Block Grant (CDBG)
6. Discussed Budget Review for Assessing and
Board of Review
7. Discussed Budget Review for Treasurer's
8. Approved enhancements to be made to the Cable
Building at a cost not to exceed $500.00, to be
performed by the DPW.
9. Approved First Quarter Investment Report
10. Approved Check Run in the total amount of
The meeting ADJOURNED at 10:20 a.m.
Paula M. Heenan