SYNOPSIS of July 19, 2011 meeting
July 27, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
July 19, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called
to order at 7:03 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
4. Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
5. The Agenda was approved as presented.
6. Approval to move into Closed Session at 7:09 PM.
The Regular Meeting RECONVENED at 7:40 PM.
PUBLIC FORUM: 7:40 – 7:48 PM; H. Wallace Parker; Mike Clark
7. Approval of the Consent Agenda.
8. Approval of AFSCME 2010/2011 Dental and Optical Reimbursement Bank.
9. Motion failed to authorize Township Attorney to investigate costs associated with Seizure Mandamus.
10. Approval to direct appropriate agencies to develop agreements for execution of the Township and Clarkston Schools Partnership Tri-Party Safety Project .
11. Approval to extend meeting.
12. Appointment of Assessor.
The Regular Meeting RECESSED at 10:23 PM.
The Regular Meeting RECONVENED at 10:32 PM.
13. Approval to direct Deputy Supervisor to analyze costs associated with MDOT Dixie Highway project.
Trustee Petterson left the meeting at 11:07 PM.
14. Approval to postpone agenda items 8, 10, 11, 13, and 15.
15. Approval of appointments to Open Burning Ad Hoc Study Group.
16. Approval to assign authority to individual providing technical review of Building Department inspections.
17. Approval to waive privileged and confidential attorney-client communication.
18. Approval of Check Run in the amount of $937,901.40.
19. Award of bid for interior repainting for 500,000 gallon standpipe (DPW Tank).
STATEMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE:
The Regular meeting ADJOURNED at 12:12 AM on Wednesday, July 20, 2011.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: July 27, 2011 Township Clerk