AMENDMENTS TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 26
A family shall be defined as meeting one of the following:
August 24, 2011 - NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
AMENDMENTS TO ZONING ORDINANCE NO. 26
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, that the Planning Commission of the Charter Township of Springfield will hold a PUBLIC HEARING at its Regular Meeting on Monday, September 19, 2011, beginning at 7:30 p.m. at the Springfield Township Civic Center, 12000 Davisburg Rd., Davisburg, MI 48350 to receive comments on the following proposed amendments to Springfield Township Zoning Ordinance No. 26.
CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF SPRINGFIELD
AN ORDINANCE TO AMEND
ORDINANCE NO. 26, ZONING ORDINANCE
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF SPRINGFIELD, OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN, ORDAINS:
Ordinance No. 26, the Zoning Ordinance of the Charter Township of Springfield is hereby amended as follows:
SECTION 1. Amendments
ARTICLE II – Definitions is hereby amended as follows: FAMILY:
A. A family shall be defined as meeting one of the following:
1. One (1) or more persons related by blood, marriage, adoption or guardianship living together as a single housekeeping unit.
2. Not more than four (4) persons plus their offspring living as a single housekeeping unit.
3. A group of not more than twelve (12) unrelated disabled persons, each of whom is handicapped within the meaning of the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. Sec. 3602(h), living together as a single housekeeping unit in an adult foster care home licensed by the State of Michigan, with such nonresident staff as may be needed to assist the residents with their daily life acitivites, but not receiving funding through a contract with any State of community health or social service agency.
B. For purposes of subsections A.1. and A.2.:
1. To be considered a "single housekeeping unit", the relationship must be of a permanent and distinct character with a demonstrable and recognizable bond characteristic of a cohesive unit, and
2. "Single housekeeping unit" does not include any society, club, fraternity, sorority, association, lodge, organization or group of students or group of individuals where the common living arrangement or basis for the establishment of the housekeeping unit is on a temporary basis.
SECTION 2. Balance of Ordinance Remains in Effect
The balance of Ordinance No. 26 shall remain in full force and effect, except as specifically modified herein.
SECTION 3. Repealer
All ordinances and portions of ordinances inconsistent with this Ordinance are hereby repealed.
SECTION 4. Severability
Should any provision or part of this Ordinance be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the same shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the balance of this Ordinance, which shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 5. – Savings Clause
Nothing in this ordinance shall be construed to affect any suit or proceeding pending in any court or any rights acquired or any liability incurred, or any cause or causes of action acquired or existing, under any act or ordinance hereby repealed as cited in Section 3 of this ordinance; nor shall any just or legal right or remedy of any character be lost, impaired, or affected by this ordinance.
SECTION 6. Effective Date
This Ordinance shall take effect following publication in the manner prescribed by law. This Ordinance shall be published in the manner provided by law.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that the complete text of Zoning Ordinance No. 26 and documents related to the proposed amendments may be examined at the Springfield Township Clerk's Office, 12000 Davisburg Rd., Davisburg, MI 48350 during regular office hours. Written comments may be submitted to the Springfield Township Clerk up until the time of the Public Hearing. Those persons needing a special accommodation should contact the Clerk's Office at least two (2) business days in advance. 248-846-6510.
LAURA MOREAU, Clerk
Published: 8-24-11 Charter Township of Springfield