OPEN BURNING AD HOC STUDY GROUP
August 24, 2011 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
Open Burning ooooo OPEN BURNING AD HOC STUDY GROUP
PUBLIC FORUM MEETING
Date and Time: August 31, 2011, at 7:00 p.m.
Place: Independence Township Hall
6483 Waldon Center Drive,
Clarkston, MI, 48346
1. Welcome, Call to Order, and Introductions of Study Group, township staff, and special guests
2. Overview, objectives, and outcomes of this meeting
3. Presentation of staff, consultants, and expert guests. Each of the following will give brief remarks as it pertains to their role with the township and/or their expertise in dealing with organic disposal:
· Independence Township Fire Chief Steve Ronk (history of the open burn ordinance, regulations, and enforcement issues)
· Independence Township Director of DPW, Linda Richardson (issues and history surrounding composting and brush collection)
· Independence Township Attorney, Steven Joppich, Secrest-Wardle Municipal Law (ordinance creation, revision, and case law implications)
· Archie Munson, General Manager of Smith's Disposal (compost pick up service and disposal, mulching, leave vacuum equipment, etc.)
· Dr. Daniel Maxwell or Associate: Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine Consultants (health and medical implications )
4. Chief Ronk will present an approximate 15 minute PowerPoint review of the Independence Township current open burning ordinance provision.
5. Questions from the audience. Questions must be directed to the Chair but may be redirected to another committee member or one of the panel members.
The Charter Township of Independence will provide necessary, reasonable auxiliary aids and services to individuals with disabilities at a public hearing/meeting upon advance notice in writing or by calling the Township Clerk's Office at (248) 625-5111.