SYNOPSIS August 16, 2011
August 24, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
August 16, 2011
1. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called
to order at 7:31 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
2. Pledge of Allegiance was given.
3. Roll Call: Present: Carson, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
Absent: Lohmeier, Wagner
There was a quorum present.
Carol Gabris – Human Resources Director
David Belcher – Building Director
Ken Elwert – Parks & Recreation Director
Susan Hendricks – Finance Director
Linda Richardson – DPW Director
Rick Yaeger – Deputy Supervisor
Dick Carlisle – Carlisle/Wortman Associates, Inc.
Brian Oppmann – Carlisle Wortman Associates, Inc.
4. Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
5. Approval of Agenda as amended.
6. Approval to enter Closed Session at 7:34 PM.
The Regular Meeting RECONVENED at 8:07 PM.
7. Approval of Consent Agenda: a) Regular Meeting Minutes of July 5, July 12, and July 19, 2011; b) Sponsorship Funding – Clarkston Area Youth Assistance
PUBLIC FORUM: Mike Clark
8. Update on Roads Ad Hoc Study Group
9. Denial of Partnership Participation with MDOT's Dixie Highway Project for Safety Paths.
10. Approval of Revised Intergovernmental Agreement with Clarkston Community Schools for Traffic Signals.
11. Approval to Contact the State of Michigan to Conduct a Performance Evaluation for the Building Department.
12. Review of 2012 Department Budgets for Clerk's Office, Elections, Building Department, and Drainage.
13. Approval of Non-Union Employee Performance Review
14. Approval of Conducting Employee Performance Review for Human Resources Director.
15. Approval of Parks and Recreation Budget Adjustment.
16. Update on Facilities Maintenance, Safety Path and Custodial Departments.
17. Denial of Outsourcing Printing and Mailing of Utility Bills.
18. Approval to Extend Regular Meeting.
19. Approval of Check Run in the Amount of $926,840.83.
20. Approval of Special Board Meeting on Tuesday, August 30, 2011 to Review Fire Fund.
The Regular Meeting ADJOURNED at 10:18 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: August 24, 2011