soliciting proposals from experienced human resource consultants
August 31, 2011 - REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
395 MILL STREET
ORTONVILLE, MI 48462
TELEPHONE: (248) 627-2851
Brandon Township is soliciting proposals from experienced human resource consultants to provide a wide range of human resource services. The information contained in this Request for Proposal (RFP) is provided to supply responders with background information to allow for the completion of proposals.
Brandon Township is located in northwest Oakland County. The latest census (2010) figures set the population of Brandon Township at 15,175. Brandon Township is a rural community located in north central Oakland County and is approximately 36 square miles in area.
Brandon Township is a Charter Township operated under the direction of a 7 member Board of Trustees. Separate millages are levied for Police and Fire services. While police services are contracted for with the Oakland County Sheriff's Office, fire services are provided by township employees and overseen by both the Township Board and the Village of Ortonville Council.
There are a total of 24 full-time employees including 3 officials, 9 township employees, and 12 fire department employees. The township also hires 30 regular part-time employees and approximately 30 seasonal employees. The fire department hires approximately 27 paid on-call firefighters.
It is anticipated that the Human Resource Consultant shall provide the following services:
HRIS System, Manager and Employee Self Service
Employee Handbook Development & Publishing
Employee Compensation Statements
Job Description Development
Access to Fortune 1000 benefits program
On-Site HR Trainings –Leadership & Staff
· Employee Management
· Hiring Practices
· Employee Discipline and Termination
· Workplace Diversity
Designated HR Advisor
Designated Safety Advisor
Safety Manual Publishing
Flexible Spending Account with Debit Card
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discount Program
New Hire Reporting
State Unemployment Claims Response
Deadlines to Submit Proposal
A total of two (2) copies of the proposal shall be submitted in 8 ˝" X 11" format by sealed bid. Completed proposals must be received by 2:00 p.m., Thursday, September 15, 2011. Proposals received after this date and time will not be considered. The bid opening will take place at 2:30 p.m., Thursday, June 15, 2011 at 395 Mill Street, Ortonville, Michigan. Proposals must remain valid for at least 60 days past the deadline for submittal. All costs incurred for proposal preparation, presentation or contract negotiation shall be the responsibility of the consultant. Questions regarding specifications or handling of proposals shall be directed to the Township Supervisor at (248) 627-4918.
Sealed bids may be mailed or delivered personally to the office of Brandon Township Clerk, B. Jean McCreery, CMC at the following address:
Charter Township of Brandon
Attn: B. Jean McCreery, CMC
395 Mill St.
PO Box 929
Ortonville, MI 48462
The proposal shall be placed in a sealed envelope including all enclosures and labeled as follows:
"ATTENTION: CLERK'S OFFICE"
"BID PROPOSAL FOR HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES"
BRANDON TOWNSHIP, MICHIGAN"
No faxed or e-mailed proposals will be accepted.
Proposals shall include the following information:
1. Cover Letter. The cover letter shall be signed by a member of the consulting firm empowered to commit the firm to a contractual arrangement with the Township. The cover letter shall also identify the person who will be responsible for regular communications with the Township.
2. Corporate Background. Provide information on the firm's background, including:
a. Organization, size and Michigan office locations.
b. The office location where work associated would be performed.
c. A description of the range of services provided by your firm. Specify any area of expertise the firm has, or members of the firm that have special qualifications to handle Township human resource services.
3. Professional Staff. Identify the individual or individuals who would be providing human resource services to the Township. List their experience in providing human resource services to townships similar in size and character.
4. Experience and References. Provide descriptions of recent prior experience with similar communities undertaken within the last five (5) years. For each client, include the name, title and telephone number of a representative that the Township may contact to discuss your experience.
5. Fees. Include rates for human resource services: The rate descriptions shall detail the rate for each type of service to be provided.
6. Insurance. Provide evidence of general liability, automobile liability, and professional liability in an amount of at least $500,000 combined single limit as well as Workers Compensation Insurance with the statutory overages.
7. Disclosure. Brandon Township expects each potential Human Resource Consultant to identify any potential conflicts of interests and a plan for handling these matters.
8. Omission of Services. If a respondent believes that some of the services being requested are not necessary, please identify those services and reasons for their omission.
In that the selected Human Resource Consultant(s) will be required to assume responsibility for all services offered in their proposal, the Charter Township of Brandon will consider the selected Human Resource Consultant(s) to be the sole point of contact with regard to any subcontractors. In connection with the performance of work under a contract with the Charter Township of Brandon, the contractor must agree not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, or disability. The aforesaid provision shall include but not be limited to the following: recruitment or recruitment advertising; employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; layoff and selection or training, including apprenticeship, in accordance with rules and regulations promulgated by various Federal agencies.
10. Freedom of Information Act
Human Resource Consultants are hereby notified that all information contained in their proposal is subject to the provisions of the Michigan Freedom of Information Act.
PROPOSAL REVIEW, EVALUATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Selection of a Human Resource Consultant will be made at the complete discretion of the Charter Township of Brandon Board of Trustees, which reserves the right to accept or reject any and all proposals. All submissions or parts thereof become property of Brandon Township and are subject to disclosure under Michigan's Freedom of Information Act.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Brandon Township Supervisor and Clerk to determine which Human Resource Consultant(s) will be invited to participate in an interview with the Township Board.
Township officials shall evaluate the proposals based upon the firm's ability to provide the service required, the qualifications of personnel assigned, the location of the office which will serve the community, the compatibility of submission with respect to the Request for Proposals, reference analysis from other communities, and past experience of the firm with similar Townships.
Brandon Township reserves the right to waive any informality in any proposal or to reject any or all proposals, in whole or in part, should it be deemed in the Township's best interests to do so.
All proposals shall remain firm for a period of sixty (60) calendar days after official opening of bids.
Brandon Township is an equal opportunity employer, businesses owned by women or minorities are strongly encouraged to bid.
Posted by B. Jean McCreery, CMC, Brandon Township Clerk, 395 Mill Street, PO Box 929, Ortonville, MI 48462
Publish in The Citizen 8-27-11