September 6, 2011 SYNOPSIS
September 21, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
September 6, 2011
A. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:32 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson (Arrived 7:35 PM), Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Rick Yaeger – Deputy Supervisor
Steve Ronk – Fire Chief
Linda Richardson – DPW Director
Susan Hendricks – Finance Director
Steven Joppich – Secrest Wardle
Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
D. APRROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: Approval to move into Closed Session: Attorney-Client Privileged Legal Opinion, as permitted by MCL 15.268(h).
F. CONSENT AGENDA: Motion Failed to Approve Consent Agenda: 1) Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of August 2, 9, and 16, 2011; Special Meeting Minutes of August 10, 2011.
Approval to Table Consent Agenda: 1) Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of August 2, 9, and 16, 2011; Special Meeting Minutes of August 10, 2011.
G. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
1. Approval to direct Township Attorney to proceed with litigation against the developers of Ridge at Morgan Lake regarding the completion of the paving project.
2. Approval to postpone action on Avington Park until the Regular Meeting of October 4, 2011
H. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval to approve Credit/Debit Card and IT Security Policies that make up the PCI compliance policy and engage Plante/Moran to perform external vulnerability security scans.
2. Approval to authorize an operating transfer from the Eastview/Westview and Rohr Road SAD's in the amount of $5,689.00 to eliminate the deficit in Bowpoint Debt Service Fund.
3. Approval to postpone action on 2011 Millage Rates for 2012 Budget and schedule a Truth in Taxation hearing for the Safety Path Millage for the September 20, 2011 Regular Meeting.
Approval to extend meeting beyond 10:00 PM.
Trustee Petterson left at 10:10 PM.
4. Approve Budget Amendments to the 2011 Budget as amended.
Approval to direct the Finance Director to provide more information in regard to the DTE matching grant proposal at the next available Regular Board meeting.
5. Approval to authorize the Fire Department to Contract with Service Glass Company, Inc. for the replacement of seven entry doors at Fire Station 1.
6. Review of Department Budgets for 2012 – No discussion or action; to be rescheduled as a Carryover item on a future agenda.
7. Award of a three year service and maintenance contract for well and pump maintenance to Peerless-Midwest.
8. Safety Path Budget Increase - No discussion or action; to be rescheduled as a Carryover item on a future agenda.
9. Approval to purchase a 2011 Kubota Utility Vehicle in the amount of $15,750 and a M-5000 Directional Bore Machine with Transmitter in the amount of $11,395; authorization of budget adjustment in the amount of $12,000.
10. CodeABILITY – Independence Township's Zoning Ordinance - No discussion or action; to be rescheduled as a Carryover item on a future agenda.
11. Ratification of action taken at the Special Meeting of August 30, 2011 in regard to M-15 Sewer Lift Station Improvements.
12. Approval of establishing E-Bay and PayPal accounts for the purpose of disposing of Township assets and approval of Disposal of Asset form.
13. Approval of 2011 Halloween Trick-or-Treating Hours; 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM.
14. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run in the Amount of $1,059,311.39
F. CONSENT AGENDA: Removed from table; Approval of Consent Agenda: 1) Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of August 2, 9, and 16, 2011; Special Meeting Minutes of August 10, 2011.
I. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
J. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members commented on various topics
K. CORRESPONDENCE: None
The Regular Meeting ADJOURNED at 11:53 PM.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: September 14, 2011