SYNOPSIS October 4, 2011 meeting
October 12, 2011 - SYNOPSIS
TAKEN BY THE TOWNSHIP BOARD
THE CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF INDEPENDENCE
October 4, 2011
A. The Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Independence Board was called to order at 7:32 PM at the Independence Township Hall.
B. The Pledge of Allegiance was given.
C. ROLL CALL: Present: Carson, Lohmeier, Pallotta, Petterson, Rosso, Wallace
There was a quorum present.
Also Present: Carol Gabris – Human Resources Director
Linda Richardson – DPW Director
Steven Joppich – Secrest Wardle
Approval to appoint Acting Chair.
D. APRROVAL OF AGENDA: Approval of Agenda as amended.
E. CLOSED SESSION: None requested
F. BOARD/PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS: None
G. PUBLIC HEARING: None
H. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS: None
I. CARRYOVER / POSTPONED AGENDA ITEMS:
1. Avington Park Update: Steven Joppich, Secrest Wardle
2. Elected Officials Disability Policy: Postponed to October 18, 2011 Regular Meeting
J. CONSENT AGENDA: Approval of Regular Meeting Minutes of September 6, 2011 and Special Meeting Minutes of September 13, 2011.
K. ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT AGENDA: None
L. REGULAR BUSINESS:
1. Approval of Termination Agreement Payment to Andy Reish.
2. Proposal for Appointing an Acting Supervisor: Postponed to October 18, 2011 Regular Meeting.
3. Approval of Bid Award for 2011 Pump Station Improvements.
4. Approval of Thendara Park SAD Snow Removal Agreement
5. Approval of Request to Advertise for the Position of Information Technology Administrator.
6. Approval of Accounts Payable Check Run in the Amount of $213,066.71.
Approval to extend Regular Meeting after 10:00 PM.
7. Approval of Request to Extend Building Director/Official's Performance Improvement Plan.
M. PUBLIC COMMENT: None
N. BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS: Board members commented on various topics
O. COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTS
1. REPORT: Township Clerk – Reconstitution of the Safety Path Committee
2. REPORT: Township Clerk – Agenda Format
3. REPORT: Parks and Recreation Master Plan Survey Summary
P. ADJOURNMENT: The Regular Meeting adjourned at 10:13.
Barbara A. Pallotta, CMC
Published: October 12, 2011