June 27, 2012 - CHARTER TOWNSHIP OF OXFORD
COUNTY OF OAKLAND MICHIGAN
SYNOPSIS Of the Regular Meeting of the Charter Township of Oxford Board of Trustees held on June 13, 2012 at the Oxford Veterans Memorial Civic Center.
PRESENT: Trustee Bellairs, Trustee Cryderman, Supervisor Dunn, Treasurer Ferrari, Clerk Wright.
ABSENT: Trustee Bunting and Trustee Spisz.
The following actions were taken:
• Approved the agenda as amended.
• Approved the Consent Agenda as presented.
• Approved the continuation of the appraisal process in MTT Docket No. 391672 – Meijer v. Oxford Township.
• Set the Second Reading and possible adoption for proposed Ordinance No. 123 (Noxious Weeds Ordinance), An Ordinance to Provide for the Removal of Noxious Weeds in the Charter Township of Oxford, and for the Collection of such Removal by the Charter Township of Oxford, and for the imposition of penalties for the violation thereof at the Charter Township of Oxford, for the July 11, 2012 regular meeting.
• Authorized the Oxford Fire Department to solicit quotes to replace the Alpha 2 vehicle.
• Authorized the Oxford Fire Department to request bids and start the process for selling the current Alpha 2 vehicle.
• Terminated the existing Billing Service Agreement between AccuMed Billing Inc. and the Oxford Fire Department and approved a new Billing Services Agreement between AccuMed Billing Inc. and the Oxford Fire Department, commencing July 1, 2012 and expiring July 1, 2015.
• Adopted the new Special Assessment District process with amendments
• Exempted the Squaw Lake weed control issue, allowing them to use the SAD petition previously submitted.
• Encouraged the Michigan Legislature and Governor Rick Snyder to sign the bill that is currently proposed banning K-2/Spice.
Meeting was adjourned at 7:59 pm.
Curtis W. Wright
Oxford Township Clerk
300 Dunlap Road
P.O. Box 3 Oxford MI 48371
Publish: Oxford Leader: 06/27/2012