Source: Sherman Publications

Remove Images

News
Home invasions: Brandon teen pleads no contest; Clarkston woman arraigned

February 01, 2012

A Brandon Township teen has pleaded no contest to one count of home invasion, second degree.

Michael Keshun Kidd-Harris, 17, made the plea Jan. 24 in front of Sixth Circuit Court Judge Rae Lee Chabot. Home invasion is a felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison. Sentencing is set for March 6. Several juvenile charges are stilling pending against Kidd-Harris.

According to police reports, Brandon deputies responded to a report of breaking and entering at about 5:03 p.m., Oct. 13, in the 3800 block of Larch Court in the Clarkston Lakes Mobile Home Park. A jewelry box had been emptied and the complainant's small dogs were barking and "going crazy," she said.

As the complainant was taking this all in, Kidd-Harris (a stranger to her) walked in the door and told her a kid had just jumped out the bedroom window. Nothing was discovered missing and when Kidd-Harris was interviewed by investigators, he confessed.

In a separate case, Altheria Joanne Rendon, 35, was arraigned Jan. 25 on four counts of home invasion, second degree, in front of 52-2 District Court Judge Kelley Kostin.

While the Clarkston resident's arraignment results from home invasions that took place in Independence Township, the investigation has resulted in her being found responsible for four home invasions that took place in December and January in the Clarkston Lakes and Sashabaw Meadows mobile home parks, located in Brandon Township.

An accomplice in the home invasions is currently in the Ingham County Jail on unrelated charges.

His arraignment in this case is pending.