Source: Sherman Publications

Founders family picnic

August 17, 2011

The 125th Davis-Losee-Erwin Cousins Annual Picnic is Sunday, Aug. 21, at Springfield Oaks County Park.

Descendants of Davisburg founders Cornelius Davis and Isaac Losee, and early settlers, the Erwins, have organized a picnic in Davisburg every year in August since 1886. Events include opening a time capsule buried at the 100th annual picnic on the James Harvey Davis Historic House property, tours of the J. H. Davis Historic House on Andersonville Road and Schultz Harness Shop museum on Broadway in downtown Davisburg.

Contact Judson S. Davis, president, at 810-653-4982 or judmarge@charter.net.